Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I am sitting out on our TINY balcony watching Rylan roller blade with a friend. Rydge is sleeping inside the door. We were watching Cars together and he said his eyes were tired and that was the end of him! It was 3:50 and too late to nap, but what do ya do? He was up at 5:20 this morning. The boys have the next 2 weeks off, they return to school on February 5. Rydge is going to school with me tomorrow and Rylan will stay with the guy who takes them to and from school everyday, JT. He is AWESOME with the boys. Rylan will get a chance to go to school with me next week. The above picture is of sand, we shovel sand and you shovel snow, this on my way to work on the road!
New couches for our classrooms. We dont lack anything! I am so lucky!




Upper and lower case letter match. This is very difficult for my kids!


Rylan hanging out with his friend Emma, she is in the car pool to school and her parents both teach here as well.






you guessed it, the color orange and the letter L this week!!





Emma with Rylan





Yes, that is a hat and scarf with boots at school, inside. The people here have NO idea what cold really is! These kids are freezing! Its nuts!





This is for my dad! This dude in the Mustang was driving like a maniac, I am imagine just as my dad would! :)





Safety day at school. All new info for the kids. No one puts seat belts on kids here...its crazy! They hang out windows, run around in cars, pop thru the sun roof, etc....We found this to be an important area to try and improve, so we had the police come and talk with them on safety in cars and buses!








Sunrise on my way to work. The mountains are so pretty on my drive to work.
Andy and I were suppose to go look at cars in Dubai tonight, but he got called out on a very important call for lighting, it was for the Sheik of Abu Dhabi.....so it was of priority over the car! We will try again tomorrow night. The kids and I are gonna have a Burger King night! No cooking! All is good, everyone is healthy, crossing my fingers as i say that! Talk again soon.
Abby


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby, this was a fantastic post! As someone hoping to come over to AD in August, I just thoroughly enjoyed everything you posted today!

    I think my favourite was the child in her wool hat and scarf, though. When I lived in Thailand we had a cold snap and street people were actually suffering from hypothermia. At 69-70F degrees! It's mad.

    I have two questions, though. First, why are your kids out of school for two weeks? End of term? Or something else? Second, your husband does lights for the Sheikh of Abu Dhabi? Wow!

    ReplyDelete