Wednesday, January 5, 2011


Well, it was an exciting start to our week, the family finally is legal and has their residency visas. We are now, residents of the UAE, weird, huh? I NEVER thought last year at this time I would ever be here and even entertain the thought. The move for us has been amazing, we truely like it here. I continue to love my job, with a few struggles this week with some staffing change, and no one likes change. I am fortunate, I dont have the change like others. I had to deal with a big change in the beginning and I am lucky to be able to stay with what I am doing. I am VERY thankful to have support of my Faculty Head. In the first weeks of teaching here, the Principal and Faculty Head had to choose one person to teach TWO KG2 classes. Guess who was chosen, yes, you got it, ME. I, am on the lowest pay of all the other English Teachers, because I dont have a lot of experience and "I" got the lucky job of MORE work! It's okay, they told me I was the one that could handle it. Okay...I guess that is a compliment. So, the months went on and its going well, but a lot of work. The other teachers teach 3 periods and i teach 5-6 each day. Double the work! Well, ADEC(who I work for) says now its January and you all need to be teaching 2/3 KG2 and 1/3 KG1. With many discussions and really no good outcomes, they left me in the two classrooms I am used to and for the children's sake. The other English teachers are angry and of course, some are taking it out on me. The thing is....the work they are having to do, still is NOT what I am doing and yet they still complain. Its frustrating, but again, I am very blessed to have my faculty head on my side and it will be fine. I will do anything this first year to get asked back next year, some will not be back next year! You have to be patient, and be able to roll with the flow here. I have learned to do that and its good for me to learn this. Its very laid back here. Anyway....I guess I used this for a complaint session, but thats okay, that is how I feel.

Rydge is waking up, I am home with him today because he is sick, yet again. This time is different. He has a slight fever, sore throat and throwing up phlem(sp). You all take care. All is well here, for the most part. At the top is a picture of our Resident Visas. They have switched insurance on us as well, so we are waiting on new cards for that.


Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment